måndag 23 juni 2014

Gunnel Linde in memorium

Yesterday, 
Sunday,
I heard that one of the most appreciated Swedish authors of  Childrens literature, had passed away at the age of 89 years. I thank God for her. Her name is Gunnel Linde.
Through her work for Children- literary and socially- she had been awarded several times with different prizes.


My own childhood was filled with wonderful stories from the books that I borrowed from the libraries  in my primary school and the local public library in Hammarbyhöjden., a suburb to Stockholm.


"Our free libraries are oases for every soul and its imagination. There are bookshelves  like growing palms offering us  concentration, relaxation  in abundance!" (my own thought)


Gunnel Lindes "The White stone" was a clear favorite with the sad and mysterious tone in the text.
In television I also got acquainted with the hand that was drawing on a paper the stories about a pencil and a raser. I was totally fascinated about the simplicity in the media. And I learnt to draw the figures myself!
That Gunnel Linde 1971 with Berit Hedeby founded the organization "The children´s right in society", in Swedish BRIS.
Many children have through the years and still been Calling the telephonenumber when they are  in trouble or feel unjustly treated by grown-ups.


In the broadcasting news only short sentences are thrown out from the screen with glimpses from long hard wars in east and Middle east...
Kyrie eleison!





Inga kommentarer: